The Rwanda Embassy in Ethiopia issues the birth certificate to Rwandans born in its jurisdiction and registered in the enrollment books at the Embassy.
The Embassy also issues the equivalent of the birth certificate (attestation de naissance) in lieu of the original birth certificate. This is given to individual Rwandans who beyond reasonable doubt, provide proof of citizenship as born, naturalized Rwandans or otherwise as may be stated
· A letter of application signed by the applicant addressed to the Ambassador.
· A copy of the ID/passport
· 2 passport size photographs
· Document(s) issued by a Rwandan competent authority stating the applicant’s parents, date of birth and place of birth.
· USD 10 payable to the Embassy