The Embassy issues Criminal Records Certification behalf of the Prosecutor General of National Public Prosecution Authority for Rwandans and foreigners who may wish to have a Police Clearance for a time stayed in Rwanda. This is a document issued by the Embassy as a result of background check for any the criminal record that the applicant may have. Please note the following requirements for police clearance;
· Application letter addressed to the Prosecutor General;
· A copy of a valid passport
· A copy of a valid visa (for a foreigner who applies in a country in which he/she is not a citizen)
· A document showing that he/she once lived in Rwanda)
· Two recent passport pictures showing both sides of the face
· Payment of USD 10 for the certificate at the embassy
- Pay to the Embassy Accountant and provide you receipt generated by RRA payment system.
• Applying and collecting the certificate is done by the concerned applicant
• A person applying for inscription in a higher institution of learning or university is not required to have this certificate
• For job applicants, this certificate is delivered to a person who has obtained an employment offer before starting work
• The validity of this certificate is six months.
Further details can be obtained from: nppa.gov.rw/our-services/criminal-record/